One of the strategies for saving money on hotels is to sign up for weekly discount offers from the hotel chains. Marriott eBreaks is one of the better weekly emails for weekend stay hotel rate discounts based on my observations over the past few years.
The eBreaks discount rates for this weekend’s participating hotels are for stays from Thursday, June 21 to Sunday, June 24.
- You can book an eBreaks rate for a one night stay on Friday or Saturday night.
- You must book a two-night stay to get the eBreaks discount rate if Thursday or Sunday is included in you stay. Thursday night e-Break discount rate requires 2-night Thursday/Friday stay and Sunday night requires a 2-night Saturday/Sunday stay.
- Some hotels only offer eBreaks Friday through Sunday.
- Rates are eligible for Marriott Rewards points and elite night credit.
- These are exclusive rates for email subscribers and do not qualify for Look No Further Best Rate Guarantee claims.
- Link to Marriott Rewards e-Break Terms & Conditions.
- When booking online, include MEB in the corporate/promotional box. To reserve by phone, call 1-800-752-7571 and ask for Marriott eBreaks.
Sample eBreaks Rates:
Camelback Inn, JW Marriott Resort & Spa – Scottsdale, Arizona = $127 e-Breaks compared to AAA rate $143 per night.
- Day before arrival cancellation without penalty.
Courtyard Sacramento Rancho Cordova – $55 eBreaks compared to $69 lowest rate. This one-night stay also qualifies for the Marriott Rewards Summer Bonus where two stays by August 31 earns one free night certificate for a category 1 to category 4 hotel reward night. Free night certificate is valid for one year after issuance. Marriott Rewards Summer Bonus registration required.
Marriott eBreaks are primarily for USA, Canada, Mexico and Caribbean. There are also some international hotels worldwide participating in eBreaks.
Is eBreaks rate always the best rate?
While eBreaks are a discount on the otherwise lowest standard rate, there are possibly lower rates to be found at some hotels.
Marriott Prague eBreaks rate June 21-23 = 4,600 CZK (USD$226).
Marriott Prague Senior rate (62 or older) June 21-23 = 4,292.50 CZK (USD$211). Obviously most guests will not qualify for this rate.
Marriott Prague standard rate June 21-23 = 5,050 CZK (USD$248)
Sign up for eBreaks emails.
To sign up for Marriott Rewards eBreaks you need to log into your Marriott Rewards account. Hopefully the email sign up link works, otherwise follow these steps.
1. Sign in to your Marriott Rewards account.
2. Select Profile.
3. Select email preferences.
4. Subscribe to eBreaks.
One of the best features of Marriott rewards eBreaks is the ability to cancel these stays without penalty within the specified cancellation period. Starwood Starpicks weekly rate discount offers require prepayment and are nonrefundable.
Ric Garrido, writer and content owner of Loyalty Traveler, shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. You can follow Loyalty Traveler on Twitter and Facebook and RSS feed.