Moments by Starwood Preferred Guest offers access to special events by redeeming points. Some events are auctions requiring a winning bid. Even better than auctions is the option to redeem points immediately for some “Redeem Now” events.
Among the current experiences available for instant redemption through SPG Moments are access to London’s Hyde Park Barclay Card Wireless Festival 2012. The SPG Moments ad is misleading since Bruce Springsteen is not scheduled to appear. Drake and Nicki Minaj are the headliners for July 7.
The offer includes two tickets 110 GBP value ($172 USD) and access for two to the SPG VIP Hospitality Suite for food and drinks. The stage is not visible from the SPG Suite, but I imagine it will be a nice place to take a break from the crowds in the standing room only concert space. The SPG Hospitality Suite might even allow you to bypass the portable toilet waiting line. I don’t know if the SPG Hospitality Suite gets members special toilet access privileges, but that could be a major bonus if true.
This seems like a good value for 10,000 points if you like the day’s music lineup for he Hyde Park, London festival July 7, 2012.
SPG Moment VIP Access to the British Open Golf Tournament for one day July 20-22.
- Friday, July 20 = 20,000 points.
- Saturday, July 21 = 20,000 points.
- Sunday, July 22 = 20,000 points.
Package includes admission for two persons to the golf event and SPG Hospitality Tent for champagne reception and three course lunch and drinks.
I find it amazing that Sunday, the final day of the British Open is the same cost in points as other days. The tickets are also listed on the British Open site at 60 GBP ($94 USD) through May 31 and 70 GBP ($110 USD) from June 1.
British Open Ticket Price for Reserved Stands = 250 GBP ($391USD) on the golf website for the tournament.
VIP Access to the British Open Golf Championship and 18th green grandstand seats. SPG Moment Friday July 20 = 25,000 points – 4 packages available.
- Your British Open package details Two (2) VIP tickets for one day of play at The Open Championship in Lancashire, England on Friday, July 20, 2012.
- Two (2) 18th Green grandstand passes for the same day.
- Admission to the SPG Hospitality Chalet, champagne served throughout the day, a four-course a la carte lunch and a complimentary drink.
This package is about a $1,000 value just for the admission and grandstand seats. Four-course lunch and champagne at the SPG Hospitality Chalet is the bonus. This is a great use of 25,000 SPG points in my opinion and one I would go for if I had plans to be in England.
PGA Championship August 9-12, 2012 Kiawah Island, South Carolina
VIP Access Friday August 10 = 20,000 points – 5 packages available.
This VIP golf experience includes:
- Two (2) VIP tickets to attend the 2012 PGA Championship at The Ocean Course in Kiawah Island, SC, on Friday, August 10, 2012.
- Access to the SPG Skybox, which overlooks the 17th Hole and serves complimentary food and beverages.
- Shuttle service is provided from the Sheraton Charleston Airport Hotel to the course and back.
Two PGA Championship tickets with access for two to Wanamaker Club and airport shuttle transportation.
SPG Moment fixed cost = 2,000 to 15,000 points per day.
- 2,000 points per day for practice rounds Monday, August 6 – Wednesday, 8, 2012.
- 10,000 points for Thursday, August 9.
- 10,000 points for Friday, August 10
- 15,000 points for Saturday, August 11.
- 15,000 points for Sunday, August 12.
SPG Moments “Redeem Now” opportunities for events eliminate the need for auction bidding necessary to win many of the Moments by SPG experiences.