I periodically post hotel numbers to keep track of how many properties are in specific hotel brands and what is the ratio of hotels in the USA and outside the USA for the major hotel chains.
Hilton Worldwide At-A-Glance (December 31, 2011 data)
- 3,843 Hotels
- 633,238 Rooms
- 88 countries
- 3,326 hotels in USA
- 86% of Hilton Worldwide global properties are in USA
- 650 hotels planned for next five years; primarily in Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites and Home2 Suites
- 3,473 Hotels (including 3,326 in USA)
- Plan to open 50 hotels in Canada in next five years and 20 hotels in Mexico.
- 84 hotels
- Plan to open 130 hotels in next five years.
- China has 25 hotels and plan to grow to 110 hotels in five years.
- India has 8 hotels and plan to grow to 50 hotels in five years.
- 40 hotels
- Plan to open hotels in more countries in next five years including Panama. Doubletree is already open in Panama.
- 230 hotels
- Plan to grow by more than 50% (115+ hotels) in five years.
Middle East and Africa
- 56 hotels
- Plan to sign more than 100 hotels in these regions in next five years.
Hilton Worldwide Hotel Brands by the Numbers
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts (luxury)
- 21 hotels
- 8 countries
- Plan to open in Panama, Greece and Canada
Conrad Hotels & Resorts (luxury)
- 17 hotels
- 13 countries
- Plan to open in Fiji, India, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Portugal and United Arab Emirates.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts (upper upscale)
- 553 hotels
- 77 countries
- Plans to open 50 hotels in China and 5 in India
Embassy Suites Hotels (upper upscale)
- 212 hotels
- 7 countries
- Plans to expand in Latin America and Caribbean, including Costa Rica
DoubleTree by Hilton (upscale)
- 281 hotels
- 24 countries
- Plans to open more than 80 hotels; mostly outside the USA.
Hilton Garden Inn (upscale)
- 538 hotels
- 13 countries
- Plans to expand internationally with more than 50 hotels including 10 in Russia, 5 in India and the first HGI in China.
Hampton Hotels (upper midscale)
- 1,847 hotels (almost all in US)
- 10 countries
- Plans to continue expansion in the US and open more than 60 hotels outside the US.
Homewood Suites by Hilton (upscale extended stay)
- 310 hotels
- 3 countries
- Plans to open 6 hotels in Canada
Home 2 Suites by Hilton (upper midscale extended stay)
- 7 hotels
- 1 country
- Plans to open 100 hotels by end 2015 in US, Canada and Mexico
Hilton Grand Vacations (timeshare properties)
- 37 properties
- 5 countries (USA, Canada, Mexico, Portugal, Scotland)
- 176,000 members
Hotel market segment data from 2012 STR US Chain Scales.