Marriott Rewards members have a unique opportunity (compared to other hotel loyalty programs) to buy back 2011 elite membership tier status using points and reinstate your higher tier elite for 2012.
Marriott Rewards elite member can only buy back one level of elite membership that matches your 2011 membership tier.
- Platinum Buy Back cost – 40,000 points
- Gold Buy Back cost – 25,000 points
- Silver elite Buy Back cost – 7,500 points
Marriott Rewards Elite Buy Back offer is available through April 2, 2012.
Members can buy up to 50,000 points in a calendar year from Marriott Rewards at the rate of $12.50 per 1,000 points.
How to Do It: Two Ways to Buy Back Your Elite Status
- Simply call Guest Services at 1-800-321-7396 (toll-free in the U.S. and Canada),
- Email us at Marriott Rewards with your information.
- If emailing us, include your name and Rewards number, then copy (or cut-and-paste) one of the three options below:
- Switch my Elite status from Gold to Platinum status for 40,000 points
- Switch my Elite status from Silver to Gold status for 25,000 points
- Switch my Elite status from Basic to Silver status for 7,500 points