IHG Priority Club has another clever promotion to support the launch of its new Best Rate Guarantee policy. There is a five day Tweet-to-Win contest on Twitter giving away 50 free hotel rooms each day in the form of 40,000 Priority Club points per winner. Contest runs from Tuesday, September 20 through Saturday, September 24. This is a 10 million points giveaway.
Twitter followers of @PriorityClub (currently at 3,495 followers at the time of this post) enter the contest with a tweet answering the question “What would you do with a free night?”
Today is Day 1 of the contest and there are still a few hours left to enter for the Tuesday, September 20 giveaway of 50 free room nights. Read the rules carefully before submitting your tweet to improve your chances of winning 40,000 points and the value of those points if you redeem your free night for a top tier InterContinental Hotel.
IHG launched a new Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) policy today that offers the first night free with an approved claim for a same room, same terms, lower rate found on a third party online travel agency site. I’ll write up the BRG policy in a post tomorrow. The Twitter contest is simply a PR promotion for the new BRG policy and a good odds opportunity for winning a free hotel night.
- Contest runs as five separate days of giveaways for 50 room nights each 24 hour period.
- Day 1 is Tuesday September 20 12:00am ET and ends September 20 11:59pm ET. The contest continues for each day through Saturday, September 24.
- Follow @PriorityClub on Twitter.
- Tweet a response in English to the question “What would you do with a free night?”
- You may enter once each day of the contest.
- This is a contest. Tweets will be judged on originality (50%), Creativity (40%) and Enthusiasm (10%).
- Winners will be notified by Twitter Direct Message.
- Read the rules yourself before making a submission as these are just some of the rules I thought relevant to readers.
- The short rules state you must add “#bestrateguarantee” to the end of the tweet and the detailed rules state you must have #BestPriceGuarantee http://bit.ly/rulesihg at the end of the tweet. I added the rules link just to be sure the submission is eligible, but that shortens the available characters for a question response in the 140 character Twitter limit for the total message.
This Twitter contest is open to residents of the U.S. (including D.C.), the U.K (excluding Northern Ireland) and Canada (excluding Quebec).
Hat tip to AJ, a new BoardingArea blogger with Live from a Lounge.
Note: This post was updated September 21 to reflect the fact that Priority Club Tweet-to-Win prize winners receive 40,000 points rather than a free night credit.