Wyndham Rewards fall promotion offers double points or double miles and up to $60 cash back on hotel stays from September 15 to November 18, 2011. The double points or miles offer is limited to first three stays.
The “Cash Back every Two Stays” component of the promotion provides a $20 Visa gift card for every two stays during the promotion, up to $60 cash back after six stays.
Wyndham Rewards $20 Cash back with every two stays terms:
- Wyndham Rewards members must register for promotion at wyndhamrewards.com/cash or call 1-866-996-7937 to register.
- Complete two separate stays between September 15 and November 18, 2011.
- Earn a US$20 VISA gift card after the second (2nd), fourth (4th) and sixth (6th) stays.
- Member will receive an email after each qualifying stay with instructions to complete an online redemption form for $20 VISA gift card.
- VISA card online redemption form must be completed within 60 days of email.
- Maximum $60 in VISA gift cards per member.
- Checkout date after November 22, 2011 will not count for this offer.
- Double points or miles can be earned for up to three rooms for each of first three stays.
- Only residents of the U.S., Canada and Mexico are eligible for this offer. See below for a separate European residents promotion.
- Super 8 China properties are not participating in this offer.
- Double miles are only available with select airlines: American, Aeroplan, Aeromexico, Amtrak, Continental, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, Spirit, Sun Country, United, US Airways.
Loyalty Traveler Analysis:
Wyndham Rewards has more hotel members than any other hotel loyalty program with over 6,500 hotels in the following brands:
- Wyndham Resorts
- Wyndham Garden
- Days Inn
- Super 8
- Baymont Inn & Suites
- Microtel Inn & Suites
- Howard Johnson
- Travelodge (Hotels in Canada do not participate in Wyndham Rewards)
- Knights Inn
- Hawthorn Suites
Too bad this offer is limited to double points or miles for only three stays and a cash back rebate for six stays. The ability to earn double points for up to three rooms on the first three stays is probably the most valuable feature of this promotion.
The high exchange rate of points-to-miles transfers with Wyndham Rewards generally makes earning points the better value during promotions.
Earning Double Miles vs. Double Points Comparison
Assume you spend $400 for three stays during this promotion. Wyndham Rewards members earn 10 points/$1 at all Wyndham hotel brands, except Hawthorn Suites at 5 points/$1.
- $400 in hotel spend with double points earns 8,000 points = 3,200 miles.
- $400 in hotel spend with double miles earns 1,600 miles.
- Choosing double points and exchanging points-to-miles earns miles at twice the rate of double miles.
Wyndham Rewards points to miles exchange rate is static meaning the rate is the same regardless of the number of points transferred to miles. 10 points = 4 miles in most programs. Points-to-Miles transfers must be made in 8,000 or 17,500 or 30,000 blocks of points. Wyndham Rewards has the best exchange rate for points-to-miles transfers of any hotel loyalty program for smaller points transfers.
17,500 Wyndham Rewards points = 7,000 miles for American, Continental, Delta, United, US Airways.
European Version of this offer
European residents of Wyndham Rewards have a slightly different offer during the same promotion period of September 15 – November 18 for 8,800 bonus points after every two stays and bonus may be earned three times. The promotion advertises this as bonus points that may be exchanged for a 20GBP or 30EUR VISA gift card.
As shown above the points have better value for points-to-miles exchange or hotel stays. A European member in the states can get six stays at inexpensive Wyndham hotel brands for under $500 and earn over 30,000 points. Wyndham brands in New York City like Wingate and Ramada often have rates over $300 per night and the points can be redeemed for one or two nights at these locations.