Starwood Hotels now offers Starpicks as a weekly buying opportunity for discount rates of 20% to 40%. The new format for Starpicks is the release of a new list of hotels every Tuesday and the opportunity to book hotels through Friday for the following six weekends or other days of the week at resorts and select hotels.
Bookings for this week’s Starpicks must be made by Friday, August 12.
This week I see better rates at some hotels than I noticed last week. The hotel selections are different this week. This is primarily a USA (95 hotels) and Canada list with more Starwood Hotels offering Starpicks rates in Canada (19 hotels) than the rest of the international world regions combined (11 hotels).
The good news is this week’s offers are more than 12% of the total Starwood Hotels globally. I see very few hotels on this week’s list from last week’s Starpicks. If the participating hotels change every week, then over the course of six weeks (the booking window for each week), most Starwood Hotels worldwide or at least in the U.S. and Canada have a good chance of appearing on the Starpicks list.
- Rates are prepaid and nonrefundable at time of booking.
- Starpoints are earned on these rates.
- Must arrive Thursday, Friday or Saturday at most hotels.
- Sunday night stay requires two-night booking including Saturday night.
- Starwood Resorts do not have arrival day restriction or minimum stay requirement.
- Maximum stay is four nights for hotels and 14 nights for Starwood Resorts.