“You’ve got to ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?” – Clint Eastwood in ‘Dirty Harry’ offers a classic movie line that fits well with the charisma needed to be a gritty movie director creating compelling video. Or to be the diva inside the shower singing out like a performance at Carnegie Hall. Or the coolness needed to master the Master’s at golf. Or the ambition to be around the best of the guests in an over-the-top luxury stay in Sin City Las Vegas.
This week I have come across sweepstakes and contests for Hyatt Hotels Greatest Movie Contest, Starwood Preferred Guest’s Travel Like a Rockstar, Hilton Hotels Golf Getaway and IHG’s penthouse suite giveaway at the Venetian to welcome the new InterContinental Allaince Resorts in Las Vegas.
And if you are unlucky in hotel giveaways, the consequences are far less severe than a bullet in the head.
Although, Facebook does require you to rat out all your friends.
Hyatt Hotels Greatest Movie Contest – Entry deadline May 23
- Contest Rules link
- Facebook Entry link
- Grand Prize – Trip to Hyatt Regency Aruba for seven days, seven nights and JetBlue airfare.
- 9 runners-up – 10,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points and one case of POM Wonderful 100% pomegranate juice.
The difference between a contest and a sweepstakes is you have to actually do something to win a contest. The Hyatt film contest asks you to submit a video movie trailer or scene or just a written description of a scene that features a product placement idea. Read the contest rules for more detail on video.
This promotion is tied in with the new Morgan Spurlock film “POM Wonderful Present: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold” that is a film on branding, advertising and product placement. The film is by the Oscar-nominated documentary director of “Super Size Me” fame, the 2004 film depicting Mr. Spurlock living entirely on McDonald’s fast-food for 30 days. “The Greatest Movie Ever Sold” about product placement features Hyatt Hotels who reportedly tossed in about $700,000 to “sponsor” the film.
Starwood Preferred Guest – Travel Like a Rockstar Sweepstakes (Entry deadline May 31)
- Grand Prize – Trip for 6 to London’s Hyde Park Festival on June 25, 2011 and two nights at the new W London Leicester Square Hotel. Three standard rooms for check-in June 24 and check-out June 26. Full breakfast included (not room service) and luxury transportation to Festival.
- Registration entry. Earn an additional sweepstakes entry for every night in a Starwood Hotel through May 31, 2011. There is a little game to play to enter and at the end you will be designated a rockstar “type” and given a rockstar name. Apparently, I am a Diva. I’ll have to tell my wife. But, she probably already knows.
- Contest Terms & Conditions.
Hilton Hotels Golf Getaway (Sweepstakes period runs May 2, 2011 to September 5, 2011).
Open to U.S. residents only for a golf vacation at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, The Boulders Waldorf Astoria Resort in Carefree, Arizona or La Quinta Waldorf Astoria Resort near Palm Springs, California.
Register for promotion to earn one entry and additional entries earned for every Hilton Worldwide night stayed through September 5.
Grand Prize: 100,000 HHonors points and 3-night trip for winner and up to 7 guests.
Grand Prize includes:
- 100,000 HHonors points for winner.
- Three rounds of 18-hole golf for 8 guests.
- Teaching professional short-game clinic for all 8 guests.
- Roundtrip airfare for 8 guests from winner’s nearest hometown airport.
- 4 standard rooms for 3 nights at one of three Waldorf Astoria Resorts.
- $5,000 Hilton Worldwide gift card.
- $10,000 check.
- Winner’s seven guests receive 50,000 HHonors points.
This is a pleasant improvement to sweepstakes over the past year with Hilton and SPG prizes for group travel to extend the prize to family members and friends.
InterContinental Alliance Resorts – VIP Experiences at the Venetian and Palazzo Las Vegas
(Monthly sweepstakes from May to December, 2011. May 31 is entry deadline for current prize.)
The Venetian and The Palazzo Resorts on the Las Vegas Strip are the new founding members of the InterContinental Alliance Resorts. Every month from May 4 to December 31, 2011 is a VIP Experience sweepstakes. For the month of May the VIP experience is a private cabana for Saturday and Sunday for Azure Luxury Pool at The Palazzo with a $2,500 food and beverage credit. I stayed at the Palazzo over Easter weekend and seated by a pool adjacent but outside Azure, I overheard four young guys walk by sounding disappointed they couldn’t pop down $1,000 for the daily cabana rental. They were sold out.
Each monthly prize includes:
- $800 for airfare
- Airport limo pick-up
- Two nights in The Venetian Penthouse Suite
- VIP check-in
Must redeem stay within one year of winning prize and must book hotel stay at least 21 days in advance.