Best Island Retreats has six category-7 hotels resorts. These are the kind of hotels that go for as high as 140,000 points per night in peak season. This is the last entry round of the Starwood Resorts Pack Your Bags Sweepstakes for five hotel nights at the resort you pick and 150,000 points. There are six hotels out of 12 with resort value ($17,500) in Best Island Retreats round 9 of Starwood Resorts “Pack Your Bags” sweepstakes.
SPG members can have three entries total for this round with one entry each day Tuesday April 12, Wednesday April 13 and Thursday April 14 before 11:59pm Eastern time (New York City).
Any entry into the first 9 rounds makes you eligible for the Grand Prize drawing on Friday, April 15.
The Grand Prize is the same 5 nights and 150,000 points, except you get to pick your hotel stay from any hotel that was offered during the 9 rounds of the sweepstakes.
Basic Rules (Pack Your Bags sweepstakes FAQ link)
There are 9 resort categories for the sweepstakes and one final prize on April 15 for a total of ten grand prize giveaways over the next month. Every Tuesday and Friday during the promotion period there will be a different set of hotels offering a grand prize package.
- You can enter once every 24 hours, once each day. Each entry is unique and you may choose a different resort within the choices of the Starwood Resort category with each entry.
- You can only win one prize during the promotion period.
- Prize is not transferrable.
- Winners are chosen from member entries within the posted time frame for each category.
Starwood Resort Categories for Pack Your Bags Sweepstakes:
Sweepstakes Period Rounds:
ROUND 1 – Best Exotic Escapes
* Photos posted: 3/15/11 @ 12:00:01 a.m. ET
* Submission deadline: 3/17/11 @ 11:59:59 p.m. ET
ROUND 2 – Best Winter Adventure Resorts
* Photos posted: 3/18/11 @ 12:00:01 a.m. ET
* Submission deadline: 3/21/11 @ 11:59:59 p.m. ET
ROUND 3 – Best Family Adventure Resorts
* Photos posted: 3/22/11 @ 12:00:01 a.m. ET
* Submission deadline: 3/24/11 @ 11:59:59 p.m. ET
ROUND 4 – Best Beach Resorts
* Photos posted: 3/25/11 @ 12:00:01 a.m. ET
* Submission deadline: 3/28/11 @ 11:59:59 p.m. ET
ROUND 5 – Best Spa Indulgences
* Photos posted: 3/29/11 @ 12:00:01 a.m. ET
* Submission deadline: 3/31/11 @ 11:59:59 p.m. ET
ROUND 6 – Best Golf Getaways
* Photos posted: 4/1/11 @ 12:00:01 a.m. ET
* Submission deadline: 4/4/11 @ 11:59:59 p.m. ET
ROUND 7 – Best Romantic Paradise
* Photos posted: 4/5/11 @ 12:00:01 a.m. ET
* Submission deadline: 4/7/11 @ 11:59:59 p.m. ET
ROUND 8 – Best Small Wonder
* Photos posted: 4/8/11 @ 12:00:01 a.m. ET
* Submission deadline: 4/11/11 @ 11:59:59 p.m. ET
ROUND 9 – Best Island Retreat
* Photos posted: 4/12/11 @ 12:00:01 a.m. ET
* Submission deadline: 4/14/11 @ 11:59:59 p.m. ET
The 10th grand prize winner will be picked April 15 from the entrants for each of the previous rounds. The Grand Prize winner has the choice of any Starwood Resort in the SPG members’ favorites list.
Resort stays must be completed by December 31, 2011.
Who can enter: Anyone age 18 or over from
- fifty (50) United States (including D.C.),
- Canada (excluding Quebec residents),
- New Zealand,
- South Korea,
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom.
Important Promotion Term to Note: Winner member may substitute a different resort from the one originally chosen. For this reason you should pick the most expensive resort stays since you can always trade down, but you can’t trade up.
What if I win, but then decide I don’t want to go to the resort I had originally chosen?
Members may substitute a resort of equal or less value from the resort options originally provided to the member during the Giveaway.
Check the Pack Your Bags Terms and Conditions link to see the tables of hotels and prize value for each of the nine Starwood Resort categories during the Pack Your Bags sweepstakes.
150,000 Starpoints Component of Grand Prize
The points are yours for whatever purpose you choose. Air travel to the Starwood Resort prize is totally left up to the prize winner.
150,000 Starpoints are available for conversion into airline miles if you choose to use points for air travel.
150,000 points = 185,000 miles for most airlines with 1:1 point-to-mile exchange.
Loyalty Traveler Analysis:
Remember to enter every day through April 14.
Choose the most expensive resort for each entry. If you win, then you can always change to any other resort in the list for each resort category prize. You can always trade laterally to an equally expensive resort or trade down later, but you can’t trade up to a more expensive resort.
Air travel to the resort is left up to the member. In general, 150,000 Starpoints will have more value used for hotel nights rather than air miles.