Club Carlson Category 6 hotel rewards at 50,000 points per night includes 59 hotels, mostly in Europe and comprise the top level rewards. Some of these hotels cost as much as 135,000 points in 2009 when the standard reward rate for category 6 hotels was 90,000 points and before goldpoints plus had no blackouts for reward nights and Flex night rewards required 50% more points.
Category 6 hotels require just $2,500 in hotel spend for a general member to earn 50,000 points. This is the fastest earning top level reward among all major hotel loyalty programs. In comparison, HHonors Points & Points members require $3,334 in spend to earn 50,000 points for a category-7 hotel reward night and HHonors Points & Miles earners require $5,000 in spend. Most hotel programs fall within this range with Priority Club (top-tier InterContinental Hotels) and Marriott Rewards (category-8 ) at $4,000 in spend to earn a 40,000 points reward night. Hyatt Gold Passport takes $4,400 in spend to earn 22,000 points for a category-6 reward night. Starwood Preferred Guest is otherworldly expensive with $15,000 in spend to earn a category-7 reward night, but even a category-5 in SPG at 12,000 points may take $6,000 in spend for a general member and $4,000 for SPG elites.
Club Carlson elite bonuses match or exceed other programs at the Gold (50% bonus) and Concierge (75% bonus) levels making the Club Carlson claim as the program for earning fastest free nights a legitimate consideration for the frequent guest wanting free nights with points.
USA Category-6 Hotels
- 3 hotels in 2 states (Boston 1, New York City 2).
- 3 Radisson Hotels.
- 1 hotel Radisson Boston formerly category-5 (50,000 points) is Club Carlson category-6 (50,000 points). Hotel reward cost is same.
- 2 hotels formerly category-6 (60,000 points) are now 50,000 points. Hotel reward cost 17% decrease.
- 1 Radisson Hotel (Aruba).
- 1 hotel (Aruba) formerly category-6 (60,000 points) is now 50,000 points. Hotel reward cost 17% decrease. Regent Hotel was not listed in February 2011 goldpoints plus hotel list.
Europe, Middle East and Africa
- 54 hotels in 21 countries in EMEA region.
- 46 hotels in 13 countries in Europe.
- 6 hotels in Middle East/Central Asia. Azerbaijan 1, Bahrain 1, Kazakhstan 1, Kuwait 1, Saudi Arabia 1, UAE 1.
- 2 hotels in Africa. Libya 1, South Africa 1.
- 7 Park Plaza hotels (Amsterdam 1, London 6).
- 2 Regent Hotels (Berlin, Bordeaux).
- 45 Radisson Hotels.
- 1 hotel, Radisson Astana Kazakhstan was formerly category-4 at 40,000 points increased to 50,000 points. Hotel reward cost increase of 25%.
- 18 hotels from goldpoints plus category-5 (50,000 points) remain the same reward price in Club Carlson category-6 (50,000 points). Hotel reward cost is unchanged.
- 34 hotels dropped from goldpoints plus category-6 (60,000 points) to Club Carlson category-6 (50,000 points). Hotel reward cost 17% decrease.
- 1 hotel Radisson Blu Plaza Sydney, Australia was goldpoints plus category-5 (50,000 points) and remains at the same reward price in Club Carlson category-6 (50,000 points). Hotel reward cost is unchanged.