After two long days at BlogWorld09 I just needed to chill out this morning with some easy reading and photo viewing. Easy reading led me to the Barbara De Lollis Hotel Check-In blog at USA Today from October 12, Exclusive: Starwood’s loyalty program launches Twitter, Facebook strategies.
Interesting statistic from article is SPG members who have blogs are 80% more likely to book a Starwood Hotel than other members (time-frame please! Is the booking probability based on the next week, next month, this year, remainder of this life?)
The basic SPGTripShare process:
1. Upload photos into your Facebook account. This was the time-consuming part since I didn’t have preloaded photos in my Facebook account. Each photo (4MB) took about 3 minutes to upload.
2. Launch the SPG TripShare Facebook application: http://apps.facebook.com/spgtripshare/upload.php
3. Upload up to 5 photos. I uploaded 5 pics from St. Regis Monarch Beach into the SPG TripShare app.
4. Provide location and date of trip.
5. Add some tags to describe the trip type. SPG TripShare has a set of tags to choose from or you can create your own.
6. Submit your trip.
Here is my result: http://apps.facebook.com/spgtripshare/trip.php?id=225
Just browsing through other trip photos was an interesting diversion for a Sunday morning. I find the Facebook page much more interesting than the Twitter feed from SPG.