I have been pushing the Hyatt ‘Stays Count Double’ promotion for two months now in my Hotels-and-Points articles. Today, I became aware of an additional added value component for this promotion…as if it was not already a great deal!
Hyatt sent me an email reminding me of the Stays Count Double promotion today.
“ELITE STATUS COMES TWICE AS FAST AT HYATT™ JANUARY 1 – MARCH 31, 2008
Thank you for registering for our Stays Count Double promotion. All of your eligible stays at any Hyatt™ hotel or resort worldwide between January 1 and March 31, 2008, will count double toward achieving Platinum status.
You can now achieve Platinum membership with only three stays instead of five, and enjoy the following benefits:
• 15% point bonus toward earning free nights faster.
• Guaranteed bed type.
• Platinum Extras Award after every third stay, providing you with a choice of in-hotel benefits or points.
• Complimentary one-year membership in Clear®, the nation’s leading Registered Traveler program that enables its members to receive expedited processing at airport security checkpoints. ”
Currently, there are two elite status offers and a new Hyatt Gold Passport member can register and qualify for both promotions simultaneously.
For travelers already belonging to Hyatt Gold Passport the basic terms of Stays Count Double offer:
– Stays at Hyatt properties between Jan 1 and Mar 31, 2008 will count double for elite status qualification.
– Stays at Hyatt Hotels, Hyatt Place and Summerfield Suites are eligible.
– Stays at Hawthorn Suites or Amerisuites hotels are not eligible for double stays.
– Current members may register for “Stays Count Double” promotion via www.goldpassport.com/SCD08
-or Register by phone at 1-800-51 HYATT or your nearest Worldwide Reservation Centre and request Offer Code SCD08.
Hyatt Gold Passport membership levels are:
Gold = less than 5 stays per calendar year
Platinum = 5 stays per calendar year or 15 nights
Diamond = 25 stays per calendar year or 50 nights
The Stays Count Double promotion changes the qualification level to:
Platinum = 3 stays by March 31, 2008 (will count as 6 stays)
Diamond = 13 stays by March 31, 2008 (will count as 26 stays).
Remember that you do not need to earn your elite status by March 31.
For example, if you have 2 Hyatt stays by March 31, 2008, then your account elite qualifying stays will be at 4 stays. You will be one stay short of Platinum elite status, however, your next Hyatt stay, as long as it occurs by December 31, 2008 will grant you Platinum status through February 2010.
There are two additional incentives to sweeten this Hyatt fast-track elite status deal deal.
1. New members to Hyatt Gold Passport can first register for a 90-day Instant Elite Platinum Status promotion. Only one Hyatt stay is needed to extend your Platinum elite membership through February 2009. This promotion may be combined with the “Stays Count Double” promotion, but as a new member you may want to register for Instant Platinum first.
New Members – Register before March 31, 2008 at http://www.goldpassport.com/gp/en/benefits/join.jsp?me02_mbr_src=INT16
As you will see, this can be a free way to earn $128 value.
2. A benefit of Hyatt Platinum elite membership is complimentary membership in the Clear© airport security pre-screened passengers program. This allows members to use their card to access security fast lanes at participating airports.
First year membership is normally $100 and there is also a $28 TSA fee. These first-year fees are waived for Hyatt Platinum elite members enrolling in Clear©.
The bottom line: A new Hyatt Gold Passport member can enroll for Instant Platinum elite, and without even staying at a Hyatt hotel, use your Hyatt elite status for free membership in Clear©.
Hyatt offers you a two-for-one fast-track to hotel status and airport status.